This position is located in Silicon Valley (San Mateo), CA.
Senior Linux Kernel Engineer, Edge Server Platform
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive software engineer to engage in cutting-edge Linux Kernel development as a member of Akamai’s Edge Server Platform (ESP) engineering team.
A high-performing, robust, and secure Linux kernel is crucial to Akamai’s products and services. Akamai’s Linux kernel engineering team plays a critical role in delivering Akamai’s distributed platform solutions, and its work impacts the performance and security of Akamaized websites world-wide.
What will you do?
* Enhance the Akamai Linux kernel and OS to support new advanced features
* Track, evaluate, and integrate development from the Linux open source community
* Integrate Kernel features to optimize the worlds largest distributed computing and content delivery system
* Develop Akamai added-value Kernel and OS extensions as needed
* Evaluate system performance on a variety of hardware platforms and under various workloads
* Expert-level programming skills in C and x86 Assembly language
* Thorough understanding of Linux Kernel Architecture
* Thorough understanding of Linux Operating System Architecture and run-time environment
* Expert-level design and coding skills in implementing and debugging Kernel changes
* Thorough understanding of networking protocol stacks, especially TCP/IP
* At least two years hands on Kernel development experience, preferably in Linux
* Expert knowledge in at least two of the following: IP networking, SMP, process management, virtual memory, I/O subsystem, security, performance analysis, file systems, resource management
* Experience in dealing with Debian package and distribution will be a plus
* Development experience in Linux-2.6 Kernel will be a big plus
* Experience with development tools such as Perforce, Bugzilla and Release Tracking will be a plus
* BSCS degree or equivalent, MSCS preferred.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com.