This is about attempt # 69 to put up another blog entry. I keep starting them and never really finishing. So in my favorite, unordered list format, are quick updates:
- If you're ever trying to install Oracle on a Linux/PPC box (like an IBM OpenPower 720), and you can't figure out when the hell the library dependency is when ld complains that it "cannot find -lxl", you need libxl. It's provided as part of IBM's compiler for PPC. Get that and you're golden.
- My band, The Andys (formerly TrashMagnet), is playing next week, on Friday, January 6th. We're playing with Broken, which is a pretty decent local band that I used to play with in Pigeon.
- Neil P bought a 2000 Trans-Am today, because he missed his old car so much. He let me drive it today coming back to work from Chipotle. It's nice.
- Man, I'm tired. Olympic sleeping tonight.
- I don't want to say too much and jinx things, but may be on the cusp of a relationship...I'm smitten at the very least. I'll keep you informed.