mail resumes to - email@example.com
Reporting to the Director of the Platform Services group within Product
Operations; providing in-house technical development and support for the
Linux platform environment. This position requires interfacing with
multiple groups and individuals across the company, including IT, R&D,
and Field support groups. The responsibilities include:=
* Be the focal point for understanding/monitoring Linux vendor OS/tools.
* Drive the corporate Linux roadmap and strategy.
* Work collaboratively to define and support corporate platform
configurations and OS specifications for Linux.
* Work with the R&D and IT teams to develop, deploy and support software
development methods / tools in the Linux space.
* Work jointly with Linux vendors & internal technical communities to
ensure complete and timely platform support.
* Lead testing/installation/documentation of platform images through s/w
* Be focal point for technical information from vendors; host technical
seminars within company.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent plus 8 -
15 years software development / test / support experience in
multi-platform UNIX/PC environment, primarily with Linux. Knowledge of
C/C++ language and Java, UNIX OSs. Firsthand working experience with
RedHat and SuSe Linux distributions, Gcc compilers and open source
tools. Should be comfortable and proactive in working with the Open
Source community and should be well versed with the latest developments
and initiatives in the Linux field e.g. LSB. Must have first hand
working experience with the OS at kernel levels and have skills to build
custom Linux configurations. Must possess strong communications and
interpersonal skills to be able to interact with vendors and build
strong relationships with others groups within company.
Prefer, Master's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent; RHCE
certification for RedHat Linux; plus 8+ years of software development
experience within EDA. Knowledge of S/W distribution and control