We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join a team that is developing and porting high availability, multi-platform, system-level, storage-related products that involve kernel and user-level components. We are looking for hands-on, talented, innovative and practical individuals with experience to design, implement and port products and product components on a predictable schedule.
The job requires very strong programming and debugging skills in C. The candidates must have proven abilities to solve critical system software problems. Strong exposure to Linux (other platforms a plus) is required. Sound working knowledge of memory management, interprocess communication, synchronization, multi-thread programming etc is expected.
Role and responsibilities:
• Design, implement, port, document, test and debug major system software components
• Analyze and fix complex software problems
Education and Experience:
• BSCS/BSSE/MS or equivalent experience
• Minimum 3 years experience with filter driver development
• Should have strong debugging and problem solving skills
• 3 years developing high quality multi-threaded C/C++ code for the Linux Operating Systems
Knowledge and Skills:
• xperience with Software development lifecycle
• Multi-threaded and multi-process environments and/or user space interfaces and/or kernel development
• Strong C programming skills
• Synchronization primitives, Memory Management
• Volume Managers, Clustering Software (preferred)
• Debugging skills and hands on with platform specific debuggers.
• Storage Area Networks, Fibre Channel (preferred)
• Storage Management Software and/or Storage Arrays (preferred)
• Problem Solving & Ability to mentor software engineers
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and ability to work with geographically dispersed team
• Must be a team player