GIT 1.0.6 was silently pushed out. Again, it has one notable
fix among minor test fixes.
- Do not mark tags fetched via --tags flag as mergeable.
This is to fix "git pull --tags"; it tried to merge all of
the tags by mistake --- it should not merge any of them.
I have verified that the patch by Gerrit to fix merge-order test
is correct, but have not got around to apply it yet.
The master branch has the following enhancements in addition to
what is in 1.0.6. I intend to have 1.1 release with them early
next year, when I come back from the new year break.
- "git clone -o branchname" to specify name of the branch used
to keep track of the upstream (Johannes).
- "core.sharedrepository" and "git init-db --shared" to help
group writable repositories (Johannes).
- IPV6 literal address in git networking protocol (Hideaki).
- "git pack-redundant" is more efficient (Lukas).
- "git describe" and associated Makefile changes to give GIT
releases a bit more descriptive names (Linus and me).
- "git checkout <treeish> <path>..." and "git checkout -- <path>..."
can be used to restore named paths even from a subdirectory.
- git-receive-pack propagates hooks' refusal to update back to
I'll be away from the network and will be back on the second
week of January. I wish everybody a happy new year.